Part of the new generation of spiritual visionaries and thought leaders, Derek Rydall is the author of the #1 Amazon/Barnes & Noble best-seller EMERGENCE: Seven Steps for Radical Life Change and the world’s #1 expert on the revolutionary Law of Emergence. He has trained top executives at Fortune 500 companies (from American Express to Disney) in empowered leadership and communications, and has coached celebrities and media professionals, including Oscar and Emmy winners, on creating conscious entertainment. As a regular Huffington Post contributor, and host of the top-rated Emergence podcast on iTunes, he reveals cutting-edge spiritual principles and success strategies to achieve financial freedom and abundance, master productivity and creativity, and gain true wealth and happiness. With his global platform, Derek has touched hundreds of thousands around the planet with his message on finding your path, living your purpose and making a powerful impact!
- After over a decade of self improvement work the only thing I had really improved in my life was how to describe why my life was so messed up but nothing had really improved and I was more frustrated, felt more inadequate and thought well, maybe I just need to work harder, work smarter, try to attract more, and from that place I continued to try to attract more, or be more or heal my past or just double my efforts and I was so frustrated that I became addicted to drugs and alcohol and ultimately almost died of an overdose.
Lying down in the hospital I asked myself how all my efforts to improve myself had put me there.
When I recovered I went back to working harder, attracting more and better and a year later I was shooting a movie and everything around me was falling apart. I went diving to a coral reef trying to get away from everything and I prayed to get lost from everything above. I got caught in the coral reef and nearly drown. In that moment, when I was absolutely certain I was going to drown, stuck under water in the coral reef, all these things where swirling in my head, everything I tried, the affirmations and cleverness, nothing was gonna get me out of that. I had moment when all that was left for me to do was to completely surrender. There was no way I was getting out as far as I could tell.
- It was just a flash but the next moment I was outside of that coral reef, standing on a piece of coral, looking down where I’ve been trapped the whole time and looking at this maze of coral I realised it was a metaphor for my life: I had been searching for all these shiny objects and I was drowning.
That awareness shifted my life dramatically.
I had the realisation that just as the oak tree is already in the acorn, all of life is like a seed, everything is already in the seed, the acorn doesn’t have to achieve its 'oakness', doesn’t have to earn itself to being an oak, it doesn’t improve itself into an oak and it absolutely doesn’t attract an oak to it. The oak is already in the acorn.
- When the conditions are congruent with that seed pattern that oak naturally emerges. The same is true for human nature, the difference is that the seeds in Mother Nature are indigenous, meaning they require certain outer conditions that are not in their control and human beings are endogenous, we carry our own ability to create our own inner conditions with us. No matter where we are planted, what side of the tracks we are planted on, no matter if the sun is shining or not outside of us we have the capacity to create the right conditions that are a match for our own seed pattern.
When do that, when we come into alignment with ourselves that pattern within us naturally emerges.
- If I’m trying to attract something to me what I’m really saying is that I don’t have it yet. This creates separation and lack.
Heaven is already here, abundance is already here, everything that we need is already here inside of us, in the quantum field, all we need to do is tune into, bring our life in alignment and that’s when our life emerges.
We don’t want to attract something to us, we want to embody what we already are. Then there’s a lot less struggle and stress and other negative implications of the law of attraction.
- Abundance is not material, is not euros or yens or whatever, abundance is the outcome of circulation. When there’s a greater volume and velocity of circulation of life or any quality the result is that quality manifests in our life. It’s about greater and greater flow.
- If you want to create wealth and abundance in any area of your life you have to understand the true nature of wealth. When you see a tree the fruit isn’t the wealth of the tree, the fruit is the evidence of the wealth. A farmer knows that taking care of the roots and keeping the tree healthy in proper season there’ll be a new harvest of fruit.
- Wealth is not material, is spiritual, is invisible. Is in your consciousness, in your mind, in your awareness.
- Whatever is missing is what we are not giving. If you want more love in your life start circulating it, start with yourself. Ask yourself, if I really loved and respected myself how would I treat myself? How would I hold myself today, I would I show up in this job or this relationship?
In regards to money you want to circulate your time, your talents and your treasure in what truly matters. Are you investing your time in what you truly value or you are telling yourself you don’t have time to do that and meanwhile you are investing time in things you don’t value? Are you investing your money in the things that you truly, deeply care about? In your own education, in growth, in your own business? Are you developing your talents, gifts and abilities in the way you most want to?
- There is a seed pattern within us and our role is to discover what it is, who we really are and why we are alive and then to support the full emergence of our true nature, our true self, our deepest purpose. There is nothing to improve, nothing broken, nothing missing, nothing damaged.
- We are forged in the fires of transformation.
- What’s in the way is the way. We need challenges and crisis to crack us open and grow.
Connect with Derek: