Who else has grown up hearing things like save for a rainy day, I can’t afford that, we can’t afford that, money doesn’t grow on trees, who do you think you are? I’m not the bank, find a job and stop talking nonsense, you won’t make money from your craft.
You are not alone.
This behavioural patterns deep engrained in the mind come from learned patterns that can go back in time for generations until someone decides that enough is enough, until someone gets sick and tired of being sick and tired and decides to find the way out of the loop.
“Never say you cannot afford something. That is a poor man’s attitude. Ask how to afford it.” – Robert Kiyosaki
It is easier said than done, it took me years to get to this point where I’m aware of my money bullshit, where I’m becoming more efficient with my money circulation patterns, I managed to create a budget, to save, to invest, to declutter, I am learning every single day what money is and how it works. And it’s consciousness, it’s a spiritual superpower.
Growing up I went to a very posh school, people had helicopters, Ferraris, some kids got a Mercedes when they turned 18, I even remember two guys playing around about who was the wealthiest family, I sat elbow to elbow with heirs to industrial fortunes, it was pretty rad and at the same time it hit me hard that I wasn’t in the same wave.
I didn’t quite understand the effect this had on me until a few years later I started running and running and running and running, hustling for jobs that didn’t quite give me the money I thought I wanted, I continued to run and work my ass off, and still, didn’t understand how all this system worked, I couldn’t make my head around it.
Why wasn’t I able to get my head out of the water?
“Dance above the surface of the world. Let your thoughts lift you into creativity that is not hampered by opinion.”
Aha moment…it hurts bad, it hurt bad and it was bloody painful to face the face in the mirror, to know it was me all this time, running around in circles trying to fill with unhealthy habits the holes in my strainer instead of just allowing the healing to happen. With tremendous forgiveness and understanding, money has turned out to be my ally instead of something to fear, to lack, it has turned out to be a helping hand and not a mystery anymore.
Why is this important? You may ask. Well, because we do need freaking money to play this game and we are deserving of abundance and wealth. It is our birthright, we earn it, we attract it by becoming the person in the position of receiving that money in exchange for the services we provide.
First, I had to get rid of the stupid nonsense of being spiritual is not related to money, or things like I don’t need money in my life to be happy, or money is not everything there is, or don’t chase money because it runs faster, or don’t worry too much about money, it is what it is.
Fuck that! I have learned something that I want to share with you all in hopes that it will inspire you as well to get up your ass and take control of this fun game of life we are all playing in.
1. Find those things you want to experience. Here is where most people fuck up, they don’t decide, there’s too much fear of missing out, making mistakes, of failing, there’s too much inner bullshit around, and instead of making choices most are actually making the choice of not deciding anything at all, no wonder most people never achieve anything in their life.
You never have to sacrifice anything that is good for you in the long run.
“Poverty is not an accident. Like slavery and apartheid it is man-made and can be removed by the actions of human beings” – Nelson Mandela
2. Make a commitment to learning every single day, to improving your mind, your body and your life. Step by step, little by little. It’s about inner work.
3. Love yourself so much that your cup runneth over, love yourself so fucking much that negativity, bad habits, bullshit, anything that is not aligned with who you are becoming has no other choice but to leave or be transformed.
4. Appreciate the opportunity you have every day. Meditation and journaling grounds your heart, have you realised that birds sing in the morning celebrating the sun? Why do we, humans, not jump and sing as soon we wake up? Because we might not be in natural alignment with what we really want to do which is what we are meant to do.
5. Whatever you believe to be true will be what you experience. If you think of life as a struggle guess what? If you take it smoothly and embrace the opportunity, guess what? You get to choose the energy and focus.
I started talking about money and ended up talking about focus and energy because I have learned that our relationship with money, food, sleep, work, people, life, in general, is a direct reflection of the relationship we have with ourselves.
And that it's the most freeing lesson of this all because there we have 200% input and control, don't you think? It's all up to us, the answer is YOU!
You can (and should) connect with me on Instagram @miss.firestar and get your daily dose of truth bombs & laughs. I'm not this serious all the time!